The My Cancer Cover Product Is Unique In So Many Ways
- Very comprehensive and multi-dimensional cancer cover – 77 different cancer claim events are covered and 67.80% of the covered cancer claim events is paid out at a 100% and 50% of the elected claim amount (refer to the My Cancer Cover Claim Events for more information);
- The potential to get cover, even when you have previously been diagnosed with cancer – the industry typically doesn’t even consider an application for cover;
- A simplified and hassle free underwriting model which saves you time; and
- Cancer cover for as little as R100 per month, get up to R500 000 of cover.
You are supporting the fight against cancer by applying for a My Cancer Cover policy. R10.00 per My Cancer Cover policy per month is donated to CANSA. This donation enables cancer research, education of the public and the provision of support to those affected by cancer.
Need To Know More?
Unique 3-tiered Cover
My Cancer Cover includes:
- A focus on early cancer detection through cover for early in-situ cancer typically not covered
- Cover for cancer, leukaemia, lymphoma and tumours
- Catch-all cancer claim events providing even further peace of mind
Early Cancer Claim Events
- Early cancer for all internal organs
- Early skin cancers with skin flap surgery
- Early prostate cancer
- Early female cancers
The early cancer cover does not require pre-defined requirements such as regular gym or doctors’ visits. See the full list HERE
Very Comprehensive Cancer Cover
- 15 Early cancer claim events
- 59 claim events for cancers, leukaemia’s, lymphomas and tumours
- 3 Cancer catch-all events
Cover for Cancer, Leukaemia, Lymphoma and Tumours
1.Specified aggressive cancers
The specified aggressive cancers are cancers with a poor prognosis even in their early stages. These cancers tend to require aggressive initial treatments and immediate changes in lifestyle. For specified aggressive cancers, My Cancer Cover does not merely pay according to the stage of the cancer. Instead, My Cancer Cover pays 100% of a client’s elected cover amount for ALL stages (stage I to IV) of specified cancers. The specified aggressive cancers include:
- Oesophageal cancer
- Mesenteric cancer
- Liver cancer
- Pancreatic cancer
- Stomach cancer
- Bile duct cancer
- Retroperitoneal cancer
- Tongue cancer
- Lung cancer
- Omental cancer
- Hypo pharyngeal cancer
2. Other cancers
Cover for the other cancers are based on a percentage of a client’s elected cover amount based on the stage or severity level of the cancer.
- Multiple claims for unrelated conditions are unlimited. An unrelated claim will be defined as a cancer of not the same tissue and organ
- For related claims, the claim pay outs may be reduced by the pay-out percentages of previously admitted related claims.
In other words, for related claims, multiple claims are possible limited to the maximum of the client’s elected cover amount. Payment of related claims is based on an objective definition, instead of predefined body system categories, i.e.: “A claim will be regarded as being related to another claim if a direct causal link to the other claim can be verified objectively from published reputable medical literature. In other words, there must be sufficient published evidence that the claim event occurred as a result of the other claim event, or due to the same disease process or injury, and that the likelihood of the claim event occurring was very low in the absence of the other claim event.”
- Up to 2 claims may be allowed for partial mastectomy for ductal or lobular carcinoma in situ, even of the 2 claims is related.
- Only 13 health questions; and
- Random MBI and cotinine testing.
The random BMI and cotinine testing can either be done at a client’s doctor or on an appointment basis at the client’s nearest CANSA centre.
Other Key My Cancer Cover Features
- My Cancer Cover Amounts
Maximum cover of R500 000 with increments of R100 000.
- Minimum Monthly Premium
The minimum premium is R100 per month. Note that the maximum cover amount of R500 000 may be increased (at the sole discretion of the underwriter) in certain circumstances to ensure that the minimum monthly premium is reached.
- My Cancer Cover Age
Minimum Entry Age: 19 Age Next Birthday Maximum Entry Age: 65 Age Next Birthday Cover Cease Age: Whole Life
- Survival Period
14 Days from the date the contractual claim event definition has been met. This means that if a client is diagnosed with cancer which triggers a covered cancer claim event, but the client passes away within 14 days from diagnoses, no claim will be payable. The survival period is applicable to prevent anti-selection.
Reach of the Comprehensive Cancer Cover
- Early Cancer
- The cancer claim events are paid at either 5% or 15% of a client’s elected cover amount, limited to R100 000 or R300 000 respectively. 46.7% and 53.3% of the 15 early cancer claim events is covered at 5% and 15% respectively.
- Cover for cancers, leukaemias, lymphomas and tumours
- 29 Cancer claim events are paid at 100% of a client’s elected cover and 30 cancer claim events are paid on a stage based or severity level basis, i.e. at 10%, 15%, 25% or 50% of a client’s elected cover amount.
- Cancer catch-all events. The cancer catch-all claim events pay 25%/50%/100%/100% for any stage I to IV cancers not covered under the 59 listed claim events for cancers, leukaemias, lymphomas and tumours, excluding cancers of the prostate and skin.
See the full list HERE